Monday, May 4, 2009

Wet


Boats wet!

Skip Schink of 39 did us a huge favor this weekend and pulled our boat down to the harbor for us, so we were able to get in nice and early. Boats all set up and looks great! Haven't had time for blog or photos unfortunately, but here's a summary of whats new this year.

-new mast
-new boom
-white rubrail
-snazzy blue stripe
-underdeck topping lift
-new cunningham
-tacktick micro compass
-36 grit scratches removed from bottom
-bottom wetsanded

All went well save the fact that our new mast is just a bit longer than the old. I knew about this going in and elected to hold off making new rigging until I was sure exactly how much longer it would be on the water. So now, our rigging all ends in toggles (ugh.) I've checked in with the anyone besides me who would be too offended by this and we're all a go, at least until Nats.

So very good to have the boat in the water; now we just have to go sailing sometime!

1 comment:

Bill Evans said...

Hey Kristian,

She looks great. Love the stripe. Bummer about having to add the toggles. I hope that doesn't cause you any grief in run for the title.

I am set to launch Bolero on Wednesday between a bunch of Pacific Northwest gales (I hope).

I look forward to more racing and rigging posts after you spring rigging madness has settled down.

Good luck this season. We are rooting for ya.

Cheers, Bill